To check if you have a low self-worth, fill out this questionnaire. Place a check mark (✓) by the statements below that are true about you.
- I am self-critical and have feelings of self-loathing.
- I am fearful of failure and avoid risk-taking.
- I am overly impacted by the opinions of others and strive to meet their standards.
- I am undeserving of and yet desperate for the approval of others.
- I am unhappy with my personal appearance and personal achievements.
- I am negligent of my appearance.
- I am unable to set boundaries.
- I am ashamed of my background, and I often struggle with depression.
- I am controlled by a victim mentality.
- I am inferior and incompetent when compared to others.
- If you struggle with insecurity, you need to take to heart these words of encouragement from the Word of God …
“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid … for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Deuteronomy 31:6)
- I am overly critical and distrustful of others.
- I am demanding and unforgiving of others.
- I am defensive when confronted.
- I am argumentative and resistant to authority.
- I am undeserving of and unable to accept compliments.
- I am afraid to get close to people and establish intimacy.
- I am a peace-at-all-costs people pleaser.
- I am reluctant to express my true feelings.
- I am hesitant to accept responsibility for my wrongs.
- I am often afraid to defend myself.
If you struggle with establishing healthy relationships, you need to know that …
“Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe.”