How do you know your real worth? People can skew your self-worth, and you can have an image of yourself as being worth nothing. But God has the last word, because He created you. 1:7). Do you know how much you are worth in the eyes of God? When we read Psalm 139, there we find part of this picture:
- Psalm 139:1-6 – Realise that God knows everything about you.
- Psalm 139:7-12 – Remember that God is every moment with you.
- Psalm 139:13-14 – Just know that God created you and He did not make any junk.
- Psalm 139:15-16 – God uniquely designed you with His plan in mind.
- Psalm 139:17-18 – God loves you passionately. Though people may show you rejection, God loves you.
- Psalm 139:19-22 – Renounce God’s enemies as enemies, because they want to destroy you.
- Psalm 139:23-24 – When God changes you, respond to Him.
When you feel as if you have no value, you can know those feelings are not from God, because the Bible says you are “worth [your] weight in gold” (Lamentations 4:2). Just think about how much worth that would literally be! As of today the gold price per fine ounce in Canadian dollars is $1301. One kilogram is 35.274 ounces, thus one kilogram of gold will be worth C$45,891.47. Whatever your weight might be times C$45,891.47 will even not be enough to buy you at all, because your worth can even not be weighed in gold but by the blood of Jesus. The Bible presents a person’s worth as too great to be measured in mere monetary terms. Peter says that your faith alone is “of greater worth than gold” (1 Peter 1:7). Are you beginning to see how much you, combined with your faith, are worth in the eyes of God? You are indeed precious to God. You have God-given worth.