In order for Christians to walk in victory, we need to identify the lies we believe about ourselves and exchange them for the truth about who we really are in Christ. Consider the lies we tell ourselves followed by the truths from God’s Word. For lasting change to occur, we must cast aside the lies and constantly rely on the truth of Scripture. “Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.” (Romans 12:2)
The lie that many live: “I’ll never feel valuable because this is just the way I am. I cannot change.” I heard so many times in my life: “I am who I am, either you take me or leave me.” To believe you are what and whom you are and cannot change is a fallacy. When God change you, you are changed indeed!
The truth is: I have God-given value because God has changed me on the inside and has given me new characteristics.
- I am a new creation. “If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- I have a new nature. “In him you were also circumcised, in the putting off of the sinful nature, not with a circumcision done by the hands of men but with the circumcision done by Christ.” (Colossians 2:11)
- I have a new heart.“I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.” (Ezekiel 36:26)
- I have a new spirit. “I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.” (Ezekiel 36:27)
- I have a new mind. “ ‘Who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him?’ But we have the mind of Christ.” (1 Corinthians 2:16)