Many believe they can’t change. That is not the truth. In order for you to be who God created you to be, stop believing lies and live up to the truth of God for your life.
The lie so many people believe: “I can’t feel I have value unless I live in the right neighbourhood, drive the right car and wear the right clothes.”
The truth is: You are not defined by what you own, but by who you are in Christ. You have God-given value because you have a new residence in God’s kingdom and the new clothing of Christ.
- I am clothed with Christ. “All of you who were baptised into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.” (Galatians 3:27)
- I am baptised into Christ. “We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.” (Romans 6:4)
- I am hidden in Christ. “For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.” (Colossians 3:3)
- I am sealed with the Spirit of Christ. “You also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.” (Ephesians 1:13–14)
- I am given the full armour of God. (Ephesians 6:13–17)
Another lie people believe: “My life has no value since I have done so many things wrong – my life is ruined.”
The truth is: I have God-given value, for I’ve been given a new clothing in Jesus Christ and you are forgiven when you ask in Jesus’ name.
- I am redeemed. “In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace.” (Ephesians 1:7)
- I am washed. “That is what some of you were [wicked]. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.” (1 Corinthians 6:11)
- I am purified. “If we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.” (1 John 1:7)
- I am justified. “Since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.” (Romans 5:1)
- I am sanctified. “You were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.” (1 Corinthians 6:11)