To live a life with integrity means to live your identity. Many live their lives with many lies in their innermost.
A Lie many believe: “My life has no value because I have failed and deserve to be punished.” The truth is: I have God-given value based not on my past performance but on Christ, who lives in me and who gives me freedom from condemnation.
- I am forgiven for my sin and wrongdoing when I confessed it. (1 John 1:9)
- I am free from accusation. “He has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation.” (Colossians 1:22)
- I am free from condemnation. “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” (Romans 8:1)
- I am free from the law. “So, my brothers, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit to God.” (Romans 7:4)
- I am free from sin. “In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.” (Romans 6:11)
- I am free from God’s wrath. “Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him!” (Romans 5:9)
Another lie that many believe: “My life has no value if I do not succeed financially and leave a comfortable inheritance.” Though the truth is: I have God-given value because I’ve been given a new inheritance that provides the only true and lasting significance and security possible.
- I have been made an heir of God. “So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir.” (Galatians 4:7)
- I have inherited everything needed to be godly.“His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.” (2 Peter 1:3)
- I have inherited a divine nature. “Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.” (2 Peter 1:4)
- I have inherited every spiritual blessing.“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.” (Ephesians 1:3)
- I have inherited eternal life. “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16)