How can you overcome the extreme fear of rejection that you’ve struggled with for a long time? Some people have so much fear that they’ve become isolated from people.
God does not want you to be controlled by fear, but instead to be controlled by Christ, who will enable you to overcome your fear.
- The starting point in gaining victory over your fear of rejection is to give control of your life to the Lord Jesus Christ. Rely on His strength within you to face every rejection in your life.
- As you look back at your past, write down every remembrance of rejection from the first instance until the present.
- Take time to feel the pain of each experience and then put into writing how you felt.
- Go back to the beginning, slowly reading through your list and with each situation say, “That was then and this is now. I will not let the pain of my past control my future.”
- Release each painful rejection to the Lord. “Lord Jesus, I release my fear of this pain into your hands.”
- Begin talking with one, wise person whom you think you can trust. (Tell this person what you are trying to overcome and ask if he or she would be willing to help you.)
- Do not focus on what you think others are thinking about you, but instead trust in God’s unconditional acceptance of you.
“Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe.” (Proverbs 29:25)