Encourage others as an expression of Christ’s love.
- Extend compassion to those who are hurting as someone who has also been hurt.
- Enfold them in prayer—faithfully praying for them and with them.
- Ease emotional wounds by embracing those in pain and encouraging them to talk.
“Encourage one another daily.” (Hebrews 3:13)
Draw on the power of Christ’s life within you.
- “I will see Christ as my security whenever I feel insecure.”
- “I know that I have all I need, for Jesus will meet all my needs.
- “I will daily set aside my own selfish desires in favor of His desires, saying, ‘Not my will, but Yours, Lord.’ ”
“I can do everything through him who gives me strength.” (Philippians 4:13)
You can overcome the pain of any and all past rejection. The key to being an “overcomer” is to refocus—move your attention from the rejection to the fact that the Lord loves and accepts you. The way to change your focus is to repeat the truth over and over again. “I will be glad and rejoice in your love, for you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul.” (Psalm 31:7)
When you are tempted to feel defeated, say to the Lord …
- “Thank You, Lord, that You love me.”“This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.” (1 John 3:16)
- “Thank You, Lord, that You are with me.”“The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.” (Zephaniah 3:17)
- “Thank You, Lord, that You forgive me.”“I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, ‘I will confess my transgressions to the Lord’—and you forgave the guilt of my sin.” (Psalm 32:5)
- “Thank You, Lord, that You adopted me.”“To all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.” (John 1:12)
- “Thank you, Lord, that you will complete the work you have begun in my life.”“He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 1:6)
- “Thank You, Lord, that You never leave me.”“God has said, ‘Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.’ So we say with confidence, ‘The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?’ ” (Hebrews 13:5–6)
- “Thank You, Lord, that You care for me.”“Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” (1 Peter 5:7)