Bachelors with Psychology and Criminology as majors; Diploma in Counselling; Masters in Counselling Psychology; BD (M.Th) in Theology with pastoral counselling training; Ph.D. in Pastoral Theology with Pastoral Counselling. These degrees were obtained on campus.
Several psychotherapy certification courses:
- Eye Movement Integration Therapy,
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (Externship and Supervision),
- Several Cognitive Behavioural Therapy certifications and Seeking Safety,
- Trauma Incident Reduction Therapy facilitator,
- Traumatology (Critical Incident Therapy), and
- Neurological Programming.
The certification courses are continuously updated. I also attend yearly professional conferences and abide to the Quality Control of the College of Psychotherapists.
I have more than 35 years extensive experience in counselling/psychotherapy with individuals, couples, and families. I serve as a Registered Psychotherapist in an established private practice in Belleville, Ontario. I am supervised by a well-experienced psychologist.
I did counselling in congregational settings, University campus, Civil environments, and Military environments. I also served as a military brigade chaplain in a war zone for several years. I have the experience and knowledge to help Veterans with their particular mental health situations and operational trauma (PTSD) privately or through Blue Cross insurance.
I am a registered Psychotherapist with the College of Registered Psychotherapists in Ontario (CRPO). I am also a Certified Canadian Counsellor/Psychotherapist and a Certified member of the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association, Memberships:
- I am a professional member of the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association,
- Professional member of the American Counseling Association,
- Professional member of the Association of American Christian Counsellors, and the
- Member of the International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy.
Nico Mulder is verified and approved by Psychology Today